Simple ways to boost your child’s confidence
How? Keep reading!
1. Books: Books are our best friends and great teachers as well. Read these amazing books to your kids and see the difference yourself!
- I am Me by Susan Verde
- Amazing Grace by Mary Hoffman
- Tomorrow I’ll be brave by Jessica Hische
- I am Enough by Grace Byers
- Starfish by Lisa Fipps
- Elephants cannot dance! By Mo Willems
2. Movies: What can be better than a special confidence boosting movie night?! Watch these lists of movies especially curated to help instill values.
- Finding Nemo
- The good dinosaur
- How to train your dragon
3. Affirmations (confidence booster): What we wear, what we see, what we hear and most importantly what we speak matters a lot in shaping our personality. Practicing these positive statements below will help in boosting self-love, determination and power in little ones.
- I am confident
- I am Brave
- I am special and loved
- My self worth is not tied to my abilities
- I am proud of myself
- I have helping and loving friends
- I am blessed
- I radiate positive vibes
4. Activities: These simple yet effective activities can do the job easily. Try them now!
- Give them open ended problem solving challenges.
- Take them on a walk and let them be the guide.
- Give them options to pick their own garment (check our self love squad collection)
- Give them a shopping list and let them find the items.
- Give them a fixed amount of money to buy mindfully in a shop/exhibition.
- On your next trip, let them pack and organize their own bags.
5. Pretend Play: Have you tried enacting a situation in your head? Yes, we all do! Same way, enacting any situation with your little one can help enlighten your kid with morals and values.
Another way to boost their confidence and self esteem is to pretend play with them. In any particular situation or problem, instead of giving them advice you can replicate the event at home and pretend to be the other person to make the kid feel their emotions, or problems. This will help them understand better because actions speak louder than words and kids are experts in imitation.
We are sure to see strong and confident adults in future with these positive parenting techniques being applied in the children. Drop your comments about the blog and any trick that you use!